You know how when you give something up you want it even more? Yeah, that’s how I’m feeling right now about sugar. It’s January 14th, and I’ve done relatively well with my no-processed-sugar resolution (I’ve only had a few slip ups, one of them being my at brother’s wedding, and come on, wedding cake is a necessity at weddings!). However, every time I see something sugary I want it even more than I used to. Stupid brain. Luckily, I’ve figured out some ways to trick my brain into thinking I’m eating something sugary, even if I’m not. This Creamy Banana Coconut Chia Pudding is one of those ways.
I’ve been on something of a chia kick recently. Chia seeds are delicious in just about everything, and the healthy benefits they pack in are incredible! Here are some facts about chia seeds:
- In just one serving (an ounce), there are 11 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, and a decent amount of calcium, magnesium, zinc, and potassium.
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidants.
- Experts claim that due to the high amount of protein and fiber found in chia seeds, they are a great food to eat while trying to lose weight.
- One serving of chia seeds is only about 140 calories and is a great supplement to your diet.
Now isn’t that amazing? This Banana Coconut Chia Pudding is a super simple and super healthy dessert perfect for those who are trying for a healthier lifestyle. It gets most of its sweetness from the banana and is deliciously creamy. If you are a pudding fan, give it a try. It’s a little different from traditional pudding in texture, but I was amazed at how creamy it got after an hour or so of chilling.
Creamy Banana Coconut Cream Chia Pudding
1/2 ripe banana
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp coconut flakes
1 tsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
2 tbsp chia seeds
banana slices and cream for topping
1. In a blender or food processor, blend banana, milk, coconut flakes, agave, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
2. Pour banana mixture into a bowl and mix in chia seeds. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour. The longer you chill it, it creamier the texture will become.
3. Serve with fresh banana slices and a little bit of cream. Enjoy!