A few weeks ago I gave you 10 things to do with fresh apples. Many of these ideas require peeling the apples, and the customary response to apple peels is “Trash!” But not so fast!!
I have a super easy and delicious use for all those apple peels you discard while in an apple pie making frenzy. Apple Peel Chips.
These apple peel chips are crunchy and addicting. Add a little salt, and they are a passable substitution for potato chips! And waaaaay more healthy. Apple peels are pretty much the healthiest part of the apple. They are packed with fiber and other nutrients such as Vitamins C and A. See, it would be such a dreadful shame to throw them out!
Some other uses for apple peels include:
- an extra kick of fiber in your smoothies
- some crunch in your homemade granola
- and if you’d like to go a non-edible route, dry them and make some homemade potpourri!
Apple Peel Chips
apple peels from 1 pound of apples
sprinkle of salt
1. Spray a cookie sheet with a thin layer of oil. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Spread out apple peels thinly onto the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
3. Bake for one hour or until crispy.