Well, I’ve had a crazy, competitive, diverting, pleasurable, spirited, family-filled holiday reprieve, and now it is sadly coming to an end. Tomorrow my husband and I make our long trek back to Iowa, where the icicles are sure to skewer my heart after soaking in this warm Texas winter for the last two weeks.
Some highlights of my Christmas vacation are as follows:
- Rediscovering the game Killer Bunnies, which is probably the most creative game I’ve ever played. From deadly lawn darts to killer whisks to carrot chefs and fountains of youth, this game is sure to entertain (if not completely and utterly confuse you). It is quite fun.
- Finding the most beautiful fabrics at A Nimble Thimble in Tyler with my mom and sister. Literally, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a magnificent assortment of fabric anywhere, not even (gasp) Hobby Lobby.
- Getting hours of Boggle under my belt with my siblings. Always a treasure.
- Sorting through all my mom’s old patterns and fabric scraps.
- Playing with my sister’s pet bunny, Watson, which consequently inspired a parody of Royals by Lorde, King Bunny style.
- Doing 1000 pushups yesterday with my dad and husband. In case you didn’t know, doing 1000 pushups in one day is hard. And my body feels like it is on fire today.
I am definitely sad to be leaving my family tomorrow, and for more reasons than that it’s darn cold in Iowa. I’ll miss them a ton. However, I realize it’s time to get back to the real world; a new year, which means new responsibilities and new goals.
This year, my goals are as follows:
- Grow my Etsy business, Peels and Posies, and try to make at least 100 sales.
- Write and illustrate a children’s book.
- Read through the whole Bible.
- Get a bunny (okay, so maybe this isn’t a goal, but it is a dream I have…)
I am excited for 2014 and the opportunity it offers. My husband and I will be moving somewhere this year (we don’t know where yet), so it’s already destined to be a year of change, excitement, and adventures.
Hopefully, your year will hold good things as well. And for good luck, a video of Watson the bunny playing with yarn. 🙂